About This Project
Underhill worked on a number of projects related to the 2010 Vancouver–Whistler Winter Olympic games. In addition to the projects below, we were also extensively involved in the Olympic Village site, now known as The Village on False Creek.
Underhill was featured in an article by the BC Government’s 2010 Commerce Centre.
A brief list of Olympic related projects:
- Contracted by VANOC to layout and certify the short track speed skating tracks at the Pacific Coliseum and Killarney Rinks, Vancouver.
- Performed precise GPS geodetic positioning for aerial photography control for orthophoto mapping from Hope to Whistler, BC, for the Department of National Defence. This project was featured on Daily Planet on the Discovery Channel.
- Provided the GPS positioning of numerous navigation antennas from Vancouver to Whistler and Pemberton, for the purpose of precise aircraft navigation during the Olympics. This was done for NAV Canada.
- Contracted to provide control, as-built, and layout survey services for the construction of the Olympic Heritage Rail Project, which connected Granville Island with the Olympic Village during the Olympics.
- Provided underground service as-built surveys for upgrade of electrical services to the Pacific Coliseum, in Hastings Park (the PNE).
These survey projects included geodetic surveying, as-built surveys, and construction surveying.