About This Project
Neptune Bulk Terminals, North Vancouver, is one of Canada’s largest multi-product bulk terminals, shipping coal, potash and vegetable oil. It handles over five percent of Canada’s total offshore exports.
Underhill Geomatics Ltd. has been supplying professional survey services to Neptune Bulk Terminals since 2005. This ongoing project includes:
- Installation of a precise geodetic control network, with ties to the Provincial Active Control system, with the relationship to a number of historic datums
- Precise engineering as-built surveys of conveyor systems, rail car indexers, rail car dumpers, and ship loading facilities
- Geometric rail alignment design for the new Track 7 and the South Yard reconfiguration
- Extensive topographic surveys of the existing infrastructures and rail lines
- Construction layout of the new conveyor system and rail lines
- CAD compilation of the existing base maps into the project coordinate system
- 3D laser scanning of various bulk product vessels for capacity analysis
We continue to provide services on an “as needed” basis, supplying information to the owners and numerous consultants and contractors.
Go to Neptune Bulk Terminals