21 Oct The 90’s Overview
Underhill dominated the First Nations Land Claims surveys north of 60. Approximately 40% of all contracts let on these surveys by Natural Resources Canada were won by Underhill. Inuvialuit surveys carried on from the 80s. Additionally, the Gwich’in, Sahtu, Nunavut, and Council of Yukon First Nations (CYFN) claims surveys were started. A total of 54 major contracts were completed in the 90s in the Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
The 90s also saw the company expand into GIS (utility and cadastral mapping) as well as international geomatics consulting services through IGS and UGL. International projects were undertaken in Chile, T’Chad, Spain, USA, Thailand, Turkey, Yemen, Sudan, Puerto Rico, and Barbados. These projects involved either GPS or GIS consulting.
- Pacific Place for Concord Pacific Developments, Vancouver
- St. Georges School, Vancouver
- YWCA and Bentall Tower V, Vancouver
- CP Rail – BC Transit Commuter Rail Project, Vancouver to Mission
- Hudson’s Bay Mining & Smelting: Mine Survey Audit
- BC Packers Development, Steveston
- Infinity on Robson, Vancouver
- Developments on Alberni, Vancouver
- First Proposed New Convention Centre, Vancouver
- Champlain Mall Subdivision, Vancouver
- Abbottsford Airport.
The biggest technological change in the 90s was the introduction of the Internet.
More photos from the 1990’s can be found here.