Health and Safety
Underhill Geomatics is committed to a healthy, safe and environmentally sound program that will protect our staff and property as well as other workers who enter onto our property, the general public, and the environment.
All employees are responsible and accountable for the company's health and safety performance. Proactive participation by every employee, on an ongoing basis, in every job, is necessary for the level of safety excellence this company expects.
Employees are encouraged to work towards continuously improving health and safety conditions at work. All employees are familiar with the requirements of the appropriate jurisdictional legislation.
The Underhill Geomatics goal is for all employees to work in a healthy and injury free work place. To this end we are a member of various safety organizations:
We are certified in the following programs:
- BCCSA Certificate of Recognition (COR) Program
- NSNY Certificate of Recognition (COR) Program
We also often enroll our employees in safety training to ensure compliance with the company policies. Courses some employees have taken include
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1
- BCCSA Fall Protection
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Awareness and H2S Alive
- Canadian Petroleum Contractors Association (CPCA) Petroleum Oriented Safety Training (POST)
- Health Canada Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Transport Canada's Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Transport Canada's Pleasure Craft Operators Card (PCOC)
- Canada Safety Council's ATV Rider Course
- CN Safety for Canadian Contractors
- Spinal Immobilization (first aid)
- Off-Highway Defensive Driving
See our WorkSafe BC Clearance Letter.
See our company's Health, Safety and Environmental Manual.